The Northwest Clean Air Agency’s Partners for Clean Air program is proud to recognize businesses in Island, Skagit, and Whatcom counties that are working to reduce emissions and improve air quality in our communities.
The Partners for Clean Air program recognizes businesses who submit a Business Recognition application form to our agency and meet the criteria described below.
Level 1 – Silver
- The facility has not received a Notice of Violation or Correction Action Notice from the NWCAA in the past 3 years.
- All required reports are completed and submitted by required due date(s).
- All fees are paid to the NWCAA by required due dates.
Businesses that apply for this recognition and meet this criteria will receive a “Partners for Clean Air” window decal that can be publicly displayed at your establishment.
Level 2 – Gold
Qualifies for Level 1, plus implemented clean air practices over the last 3 years in two of the four pollution prevention categories listed below:
- Energy Efficiency – lighting, heating/cooling, water heating, equipment, combustion efficiency, combustion efficiency (click here for more info)
- Emissions reductions - as a result of process changes, material substitution, etc. (click here for more info)
- Sector Specific – air pollution prevention practices related to your specific business sector (gas stations, boilers, dry cleaners, surface coaters, etc.) (click here for more info)
- Transportation - commute trip reduction, no idle policies, cleaner fleet vehicles (click here for more info)
A business that apply for this recognition and meet this criteria will receive a “Partners for Clean Air” window decal and be recognized by the Northwest Clean Air Agency on the website and other publications.
Level Three – Platinum
Any business that is eligible for the “Gold” recognition award may be considered for the “Platinum” award. The Platinum distinction is awarded to businesses that have gone above and beyond regulatory requirements to improve air quality. This recognition is determined by Northwest Clean Air Agency staff.
A business that is honored with the Platinum award will receive a “Partners for Clean Air” window decal; a plaque commemorating their achievement presented at our Board of Director's meeting, and is publicly recognized.